The Benefits of Winter Tires - A&B Tire Service
Winter driving can be an adventure no matter what climate you live in. Driving in snow, sleet, or on ice can make even the most seasoned drivers nervous. If you live in an area that falls below an average temperature of 45 degrees or lower in the winter, has winter storms of snow, rain, sleet, or ice, then winter tires are a great investment to keep you and your loved ones safe on the road this season.
- Get 4 - Four winter tires will provide the best protection against winter road hazards. With 4 winter tires, you will have consistency in handling, control, traction, and grip.
- Tread - Winter tires have unique tread, specialized for channeling snow, ice, slush, and water away from the tire. With more ‘sipes’ and ‘lugs’, essentially grooves and raises, this gives the tires better contact with slick roads.
- Softer Rubber - Regular and All Season tires begin to get harder as the temperature drops. Around 45 degrees regular tires will lose some of their grip on the road, but winter tires are made of a much softer rubber, that stays soft in low temperatures, allowing more grip and more surface on the road.
- Studs - If you are in an area that is prone to snow or slush buildup on the road, you may be able to get Studded Tires. They are not available in all areas, so check with your tire dealer. Studded tires have tiny metal studs that bite through snow and ice, adding extra traction and control.
- Weather Conditions - The design perks of winter tires (tread, softer rubber, and studs) provide the added safety and control through a variety of winter weather conditions. Once the temperature drops to freezing, patches of ice can be hidden under overpasses, bridges, near storm drains, or under scattered leaves. Winter Tires may prevent most of the common skids, slips, and loss of traction that can come with cold weather driving.
Keep you and your loved ones safe this season and stop by today to ask about our great deals on winter tires. Winter Tires come in all sizes and price ranges, and they are a wise investment to protect against whatever this season may have in store. We are here to help you with all your tire needs!